As a photographer I know that brides have a lot of questions! Choosing your wedding photographer is so much more than just finding someone who has a camera.
Your wedding photos are something that will be handed down and looked at throughout the years. Finding a professional photographer who matches your style and sees your vision is important.
Here is a list of things to ask yourself as well as your photographer.
– Does their style fit your style/vision? Each photographer has their own style. Classic, Moody or Artistic. Looking at the albums on their website is a great way to see if their style fits what you are looking for.
– How many weddings have you shot in your career and how many weddings will you be shooting on my wedding day?
– Have you ever shot at my venue?
– Do you bring your own lighting?
– Do you work from a shot list?
– Can I request certain images to be taken at my wedding?
– How many hours are included in your package and how much does an additional hour of coverage cost?
– Do you bring a second shooter?
– How many images can I expect to see from my wedding?
– How long does it take to see the proofs from my wedding?
– How do I receive my images through you? Do you offer printing?
– Will you use my images in any advertising?
– What is your plan if you are ill or there is an emergency and you can’t photograph my wedding?
– How much is your deposit and when is the remaining balance due?
– What is your cancellation policy?
Getting to know your photographer is important. Depending on your package choice your photographer will be there to take your engagements, bridals and your wedding day. You just want to know if your expectations and vision will be met and you want to know that you can trust your photographer.